Sometimes one receive a text message or even an email that appears
to make no sense.  Some of these instances represent a failure on
the part of the sender to correctly express themselves while other
instances might occur because of a cerebral event like a stroke.
A case of a woman who was texting while experiencing a stroke
has been published and the condition has been name "distextia".
One popular media account is provided here:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/12/24/167931641/uok-dystextia-alerts-doctors-to-neurological-problems

While the original article in the "Archive of Neurology" can be
accessed here (abstract is free, article may be available through
your institution):
http://archneur.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1486000

The NPR article also refers to distextia occurring as a result of
complex migraine, the most famous example being that of a news
reporter who started to talk gibberish while on the air (I'm sure
there's a YouTube video of this and it has been noted before on
Tips).  For more on complex migraine, see:
http://newsblog.mayoclinic.org/2011/02/22/complex-migraine/

I have to note that Dr. David Dodick, the neurologist discussing
complex migraine in the video on the Mayo Clinic website looks
like he's experiencing a migraine or is severely depressed which
makes his presentation somewhat ironic.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=22566
or send a blank email to
leave-22566-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu