From: michael sylvester<mailto:msylves...@copper.net>
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences
(TIPS)<mailto:t...@acsun.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:16 AM
Subject: Flu vaccine and p.6 level of significance

In psychological  science we require at least a p.05 or better
to come to reliable conclusions about the impact of the IV on the DV.
But the flu vaccine only has a p.6 (62%) effectiveness,
so why are we  recommending that everyone get a flu shot.
With such a low level of significance,could this be the quintessential 'placebo
effect' paradigm?
Any MD on Tips except for Beth's husband?
michael

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
wuens...@ecu.edu<mailto:wuens...@ecu.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13060.c78b93d4d09ef6235e9d494b3534420e&n=T&l=tips&o=23016

leave-23016-13060.c78b93d4d09ef6235e9d494b35344...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-23016-13060.c78b93d4d09ef6235e9d494b35344...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>