Some new medical research shows that for people with gastrointestinal
illness arising from the use of antibiotics appear to do much better after a
"fecal transplant".

I kid you not.

The NY Times has an article that provides a popular media account of
the research and can be accessed here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/17/health/disgusting-maybe-but-treatment-works-study-finds.html?_r=0&pagewanted=all

There are various ways that the "transplant" can be done, including an
old Chinese method.  All I'm saying is that at lunch, avoid the yellow
soup and the chocolate milk.

The research article was published in the New England Journal of Medicine
and the publisher has made access to the article free; see:
http://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMoa1205037

As with most medical procedures, don't try this at home unless you're
under medical supervision.

P.S. For some reason this reminds me of the British movie "Layer Cake"
in which Daniel Craig starred before he became the new James Bond.
There's a scene between Craig and Michael Gambon (who played
Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies) where Gambon explain the
facts of life to Craig (well, the facts of life as a senior gangster see them
and tries to impress them into a younger gangster).  Recent Ph.D.s desiring
an academic career might benefit from viewing this scene (the movie
is actually quite good for a British crime/drug deal gone wrong genre
piece).

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=23104
or send a blank email to
leave-23104-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu