Mike,

I don't believe that "one" must justify what they believe is over the top or
not.  I didn't demand that you not make the statement or that you apologize for
making it, simply that I thought it was, as I put it "over the top."  However
(I wouldn't be replying at all if there were not a however), I will justify my
thinking.  What I found over the top was the assertion suggestion that any
yellow soup or chocolate milk served at lunch might in fact be blended,
strained, diluted and possibly previously frozen feces.   Moreover, was the
implicit association made in your post that the lunch being served was asian
cuisine.  I would ask how many readers made that association to support my
claim, but your very own reply references such to illustrate my point of the
implicit association.

I defended your decision to make the post and to include humorous commentary
yet your reply appears to have as it's only two points: 1) that I didn't read
the article and 2) why my personal opinion was wrong.  I don't understand the
need to do either of these things.  By the way your question at the end about
reaction to food items mentioned is exactly where I hoped this discussion might
go, thank you.

Doug

Doug Peterson, PhD
Associate Professor of Psychology