From: Jim Clark [mailto:j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca]
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:03 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] best way to reinforce marking?

Hi

One of the (subjective) changes with age is the increasing challenge of
maintaining persistent marking behavior.  It seems to me that I use to be able
to mark for longer periods of time when younger.

As a result, one explores ways to keep on task ... sub-piles, breaks, posting
to tips, ...

My current favourite is "fanning" the test booklets out and seeing concretely
how the remainder diminishes with each marked question.

Any other strategies that people have found effective?

Take care
Jim

James M. Clark
Professor & Chair of Psychology