Thanks to all those responding to my inquiry about the challenges of hiring new
clinical faculty. I think TIPS folks raised some valuable points and issues the
search committee here can discuss.  We might highlight our area and community
more and outline better the possibilities of clinical work.  However, we also
must hire an academic/scholar/teacher/researcher who will give priority to that
role.  I suppose this is a challenge whenever looking for folks trained in
applied areas and having attractive outside opportunities.  Anyway, thanks
again to those who responded.

Gerald L. (Gary) Peterson, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Psychology
Saginaw Valley State University