William Styron's *Darkness Visible *is a compelling memoir of the author's
depression.
*Elegy for Iris* (John Bayley) is a memoir of Iris Murdoch's final years
with Alzheimer's disease.
*Still Alice* (Lisa Genova) is a fiction book, written by a neuroscience
Ph.D.

Three off the top of my head.

Some fiction works are deeply psychological.

Jorge Luis Borges has a short story (Funes the Memorious) that describes
the life of a man who forgets nothing (interesting contrast to Schacter's
discussions of the value of forgetting in *The Seven Sins of Memory*).

Then there is the fiction of Henry James . . . but that might be a bit much
to take on!  :-)
He is an acquired taste.

Claudia

Claudia J. Stanny, Ph.D.
Director
Center for University Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
Associate Professor
NSF UWF Faculty ADVANCE Scholar
School of Psychological and Behavioral Sciences
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514 – 5751

Phone:   (850) 857-6355 (direct) or  473-7435 (CUTLA)

csta...@uwf.edu

CUTLA Web Site: http://uwf.edu/cutla/
Personal Web Pages: http://uwf.edu/cstanny/website/index.htm

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Christine Grela <cgr...@mchenry.edu> wrote:

>  Dear Colleagues, ****
>
> ** **
>
> I teach a learning community (basically co-teach) a class that combines
> Intro to Psych with English, and we’re thinking of adding more literature
> to our class. Does anyone know of a list of literature (so, poems, short
> stories, novels, nonfiction, etc.) that connects specifically to topics in
> psychology? And/or do you have any pieces of literature you’d recommend for
> inclusion?****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks in advance!****
>
> ** **
>
> Christine L. Grela****
>
> Instructor of Psychology****
>
> McHenry County College****
>
> Office: C-124; Phone: 815-479-7725****
>
> cgr...@mchenry.edu****
>
> ** **
>
> ---
>
> You are currently subscribed to tips as: csta...@uwf.edu.
>
> To unsubscribe click here:
> http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13144.1572ed60024e708cf21c4c6f19e7d550&n=T&l=tips&o=25152
>
> (It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is broken)
>
> or send a blank email to
> leave-25152-13144.1572ed60024e708cf21c4c6f19e7d...@fsulist.frostburg.edu

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=25154
or send a blank email to