From: Mike Palij [mailto:m...@nyu.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2015 9:56 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Cc: Michael Palij
Subject: [tips] Cold Enough For You?

In NYC, there were about 2 days in January when the weather was so
bad (i.e., snow, cold, etc.) that many colleges had to close. The Governor
shutting down the transit system didn't help but I digress.  Since then
even though it has been cold, we haven't had the snow that other places
have had, so, no more snow days throwing the academic calendar into
chaos.  But I'm wondering what is going on in other places.  Boston
seems to be mess and I'm wondering what the colleges are doing
there:  are they taking snow days and adding days to the end of the
semester or are they trying to use online substitutes for classes where
it is difficult/impossible to get to campus or some other way of handling
the situation?  It seems like that south is also getting some unusual
weather and I wonder how the schools down there are dealing with
it.  Are schools open even if students/faculty can't make it to campus
or are they closed? If closed, how is the time missed going to be
made up (if at all).

m...@nyu.edu<mailto:m...@nyu.edu>

---

You are currently subscribed to tips as:
slil...@emory.edu<mailto:slil...@emory.edu>.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13509.d0999cebc8f4ed4eb54d5317367e9b2f&n=T&l=tips&o=42169

leave-42169-13509.d0999cebc8f4ed4eb54d5317367e9...@fsulist.frostburg.edu<mailto:leave-42169-13509.d0999cebc8f4ed4eb54d5317367e9...@fsulist.frostburg.edu>