On Feb 20, 2015, at 7:55 AM, Mike Palij <m...@nyu.edu> wrote:

> are they taking snow days and adding days to the end of the
> semester

Scottsdale, AZ, was not affected by the weather "out east," of course. The
Maricopa Community Colleges, which includes my college, have been closed only
once because of weather. That occurred last semester (September 8th) when we
got a lot of rain  :-)

I grew up outside of Chicago and remember listening apprehensively to the
radio, hoping to hear my school mentioned in the list of closings due to snow.
It felt strange to be doing the same thing last semester to see if I would get
a "rain day." But I felt Just as excited when I heard my school mentioned as I
had when I was a kid. My first thought was to grab my sled and run over to a
friend's house ...

Best,
Jeff

Jeffry Ricker, Ph.D.