Subject: Should HM Have Gotten A Second Opinion?
From: "Mike Palij" <m...@nyu.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 00:19:01 -0500

New research suggests that the brain damage caused HM to lose
his memory was a "medical mistake" driven by the surgeon's
incorrect beliefs about brain structure and function.  One popular
media account of the research article is available here:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/neuroskeptic/2015/03/05/neurosciences-famous-amnesiac-hm-victim-of-medical-error/#.VPk0TY47xNt

I am having some difficulty accessing the original research article
so, here's the reference:
Mauguière, F., & Corkin, S. (2015). HM never again! An analysis
of HM's epilepsy and treatment. Revue Neurologique.

and here's the article on the publisher's website behind
a paywall:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0035378715000260

Just might change the story about HM a little bit.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=42879
or send a blank email to
leave-42879-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu