> On May 11, 2015, at 5:55 AM, Mike Palij <m...@nyu.edu> wrote:
> Anybody reading anything

I’ve sometimes considered spending a part of the summer reading books that my
students have asked about. But this happens more rarely now that Oprah is off
the air. The last book that I recall being asked about is “The Secret."

Now, I get asked mostly about movies "related to" topics discussed in class.
Just as with the self-help books, I usually have not seen the movies they
mention. Perhaps I’ll watch some of them now that I have Netflix (I don’t have
a television).

So,  here is my list so far:

Origins of the Specious: Myths and Misconceptions of the English Language
O'Conner, Patricia T. (2010)

Misbehaving Science: Controversy and the Development of Behavior Genetics
Panofsky, Aaron (2014)

Alternative Psychotherapies: Evaluating Unconventional Mental Health Treatments
Mercer, Jean (2014)

Pitfalls in Human Research; Ten Pivotal Points (Pergamon General Psychology
Series)
Barber, Theodore Xenophon (1976)

Jeffry Ricker, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology