Subject: RE: Addressing Student Questions in Introduction to Psychology
From: "Pollak, Edward" <epol...@wcupa.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 00:22:38 +0000

Am I the only one who finds this whole thing a bit distasteful? This just
strikes me as a "Cliff Notes for Intro Psych Professors."

Ed

Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus of Psychology
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Home page: http://www.docsbluegrass.net/<http://home.comcast.net/~epollak/>
Husband, father, grandfather, bluegrass fiddler &
biopsychologist............... in approximate order of importance

From: Scott Freng
 As an instructor of Introduction to Psychology/General Psychology, I
frequently have students asking questions regarding the material that I do not
feel confident to answer because the question is outside my area of expertise
or the material is not sufficiently covered in my textbook. Unfortunately, I
often lack adequate time to thoroughly review relevant literature and answer
the question in a later class period. In an effort to create a resource for
instructors of Introduction to Psychology experiencing similar difficulties we
conducted two studies. In the two studies, we recruited instructors of
Introduction to Psychology from this listserv and had them report students'
commonly asked questions posed in Introduction to Psychology. In addition, we
had instructors identify student questions they would like more fully
addressed. From this last survey, we identified three frequently chosen
questions and with the cooperation of relevant experts, developed short and
easily digestible answers to these questions.

If you are interested in the questions identified and developed answers, you
can access the document by going to this
link.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48081498/FAQ%20project.docx

I want to thank all the participants we recruited from this listserv for their
participation.

Scott Freng
sfr...@uwyo.edu<mailto:sfr...@uwyo.edu>
University of Wyoming
Department of Psychology
Dept. 3415
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
(307) 766-2955
sfr...@uwyo.edu<mailto:sfr...@uwyo.edu>

________________________________

This e-mail message was sent from a retired or emeritus status employee of West
Chester University.

---

END OF DIGEST

---