On Fri, 08 Jan 2016 07:42:18 -0800, Carol wrote:
You might want to look at a 1980s trend by searching for the term
"pregaphone." It isn't as titillating, but essentially the same idea.

Anyone interested in the "pregaphone" -- a patented product (see:
http://www.nytimes.com/1988/09/10/business/patents-pregaphone-to-talk-to-an-unborn-child.html
 )
which was actually mentioned in some psych textbooks -- should
probably do the appropriate searches in Google, PsycInfo, PubMed,
etc.  For the lazy folks (you know who you are), there was an article
published in "Psychology Today" (I know, I know) in 1998 that seems
to do a good job covering a number areas of fetal cognitive processing
and related areas; one might be able to access it here:
http://031ee85.netsolhost.com/images/Fetal_Psychology_-_Psychology_Today_-_Sept_1998.pdf

The reference for the article is:
Hopson, J. L. (1998). Fetal psychology. Psychology Today, 31(5), 44.

A web-based version is available here:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199809/fetal-psychology

I suspect that there are updated reviews in, uh, more legitimate
sources but one would have to track these down.

On Jan 8, 2016, at 7:25 AM, Jon Mueller wrote:
Jeff,

I really appreciate your ongoing review of this research. Not only are you doing our work for us(!), but you are doing it quite well. So, this can potentially serve as a great example in our courses. I look forward to
Chapters 3 and 4.  Thanks,

>>>  On 1/7/2016 11:02 PM, Jeffry Ricker wrote:

The other day, I posted some excerpts from a newspaper article about
Babypod-a device that plays music for developing fetuses through a speaker that the pregnant mother inserts into her vagina. The parents even can listen along with the fetus by putting on headphones attached to wires that hang out of the vagina. My post seemed to generate no obvious interest; but the claims
seemed so outrageous to me that I have continued to investigate the
scientific evidence for them.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=47813
or send a blank email to
leave-47813-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu