On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 04:56:40 -0700,  Miguel Roig wrote:
Let's see if I can beat Mike P to the punch.

Damn!  Don't you hate it when people die when you're on jury duty! ;-)

Talk about longevity ....
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/09/science/jerome-s-bruner-who-shaped-understanding-of-the-young-mind-dies-at-100.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fhealth&action=click&contentCollection=health&_r=0

I had the good fortune of being in the audience of an Inside the Psychologist's Studio interview of Bruner that was conducted at EPA or APS a couple of years
ago and it's on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxn6IpAJEz8.

That's my bald head on the lower hand corner of the screen at minute 54:11 to
54:15.

The NY Times obit omits info that Bruner was a Research Professor of
Psychology (College/Graduate School of Arts & Science) while being a
Senior Research Fellow at the NYU School of Law; see:
http://psych.nyu.edu/bruner/

I did not know Bruner personally but I recognized him when I saw him.
When Bruner came to NYU in the early 1990s, he literally was all over
the place: his office was identified as 200 Mercer Street but I think this
was where he lived (NYU has office space and classrooms at
194 Mercer St but that is a couple of buildings south of 200 Mercer St;
here is a picture of 200 Mercer Street -- NOTE: it is the red brick building
behind the green truck:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/%22200+mercer+street%22+%22new+york+city%22/@40.7266214,-73.9969376,3a,75y,125.72h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m4!1sCpEUEPZvpvpI83TRwQhrmA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x59d8c360824e1a39!6m1!1e1

During the 1990s I was hanging out in the NYU A&S psych dept (while
being full-time faculty at Yeshiva U and doing research at a joint named
NDRI) and had an office on the 8th floor of the psychology building.
I was surprised to find Bruner & Co holding a seminar of some sort
in one of the smaller classroom on the 8th floor, just a couple of doors
down from my office.  They met once a week during the fall and spring
for a few years and then stopped.  I didn't see Bruner in the psych dept
again and I don't know why he was apparently gone (I was doing too
much stuff already to gossip) but I think that Bruner moved over to
the School of Law full time. .Vincent Hevern (he's on Psychteacher,
not sure he's on Tips) has a page devoted to Bruner and it provides
some details of what he did/published over the years.  Some might
find it useful.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=48852
or send a blank email to
leave-48852-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu