I just published a paper in a APA journal this month and was told that I could
post the final page proofs but not a PDF of the article. I have all my career
faced the reality that my work is not MY work. If I want to publish in a top
tier or mainstream journal I have to give away my work, for free, so someone
else can make lots of money from it. This contributes to the general societal
misperception that we academics are all rich from all the royalties we get from
our publications. Hahahahahahahaha.

Annette

Sent from my iPad
So no signature lines

> On Jun 15, 2017, at 10:00 PM, Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
> digest <tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu> wrote:
>
> TIPS Digest for Friday, June 16, 2017.
>
> 1. Take Down That Article! Love, APA

> Subject: Take Down That Article! Love, APA
> From: "Mike Palij" <m...@nyu.edu>
> Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 09:49:01 -0400
>
> Publish and being bullied about it.  Out APA is telling authors of
> its journal article that they have to take the published versions of
> their published journal articles.  Yes, we have to agree to give
> APA the copyright and control over the final product but some
> of this is getting tiresome.  For more on this point, see the following
> article:
>
> http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/49670/title/Authors-Peeved-by-APA-s-Article-Takedown-Pilot/
>
> By the way, does anybody know how much money APA makes
> per published article?
>
> -Mike Palij
> New York University
> m...@nyu.edu