Good afternoon, TIPSters. I have a question regarding IRBs and informed
consent. My students submitted their proposal and created a "working title"
for their study that doesn't reveal their real intent (they are looking at
memory rather than attention). To disclose the true nature of the study to
participants would nullify the results by creating demand characteristics.
Does this qualify as deception? Is there some rule somewhere (either an APA
or an NIH OHSR rule or code) that addresses this specifically?
Thanks,
Carol

--
Carol DeVolder, Ph.D.