From: Wuensch, Karl Louis [wuens...@ecu.edu]
Sent: Sunday, October 8, 2017 2:56 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: [tips] to deceive or not to deceive

          One of my grad students deceived subjects by telling them that the
research was designed to investigate the physiology of taking online quizzes.
In fact, the research involved relating physiology to cheating on such quizzes.
 Because of such deception, our IRB informed us that not only did we need to
reveal such deception during the debriefing but also allow subjects to withdraw
their data from the study if they wished to do so.

Cheers,
[Karl L. Wuensch]<http://core.ecu.edu/psyc/wuenschk/klw.htm>