From: Claudia Stanny [csta...@uwf.edu]
Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2018 2:17 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re: [tips] One space or two after a period?

This is such a strange issue.

I had a had time retraining my typing to get rid of two spaces after a period.
Sometimes, the old habit slips in. But with the fonts I use, the only way I can
edit out two spaces is to use the search and replace function.

The fundamental flaw in this research is that the stimulus material was
presented in Courier. I doubt the results will replicate with adjustable fonts.

Who actually uses Courier anymore when we have word processors and modern
printers that give us manuscripts that look like they were typeset? It is an
ugly font.

My first step into high tech when I typed my dissertation on an IBM Selectric
(Ken and Miguel will know what that is) was that a member of my committee
loaned me his special font ball and I could use Bookman font instead of Courier
for my manuscript! (Plus I could suck off typos with that wonderful tape!)

OK. I'm done ranting.

Claudia

Claudia J. Stanny, Ph.D.
Director
Center for University Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
BLDG 53 Suite 201
University of West Florida
Pensacola, FL  32514

Phone:   (850) 857-6355 (direct) or  473-7435 (CUTLA)

csta...@uwf.edu<mailto:csta...@uwf.edu>

CUTLA Web Site: http://uwf.edu/offices/cutla/<http://uwf.edu/cutla/>

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 12:51 PM, Miguel Roig