Thanx for the reply MZ...

So a tech will be coming back tomorrow.
Their plan is to bring 2 NEW cards and start from scratch.
Is there anything I should help or show him to make things go smoother?

They usually have that "I already know" attitude...

Ron



> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] 
> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of MegaZone
> Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 6:19 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Comcast Cable Card nightmare...
> 
> Once upon a time Ron Koms shaped the electrons to say...
> > Until I noticed my premium channels (HBO Showtime) did not 
> work. when 
> > I put one of those channels on, the TiVo went to the cable card 
> > screen.  Stating that I need to call Comcast for this to work...
> > ALL, my other channels worked fine, HD and SD...
> 
> I don't think any pairing info is stored on the drive, so 
> this may be coincidence, but it does sound like the cards we 
> not paired correctly.
> 
> > After hours of him giving numbers, still nothing, so he 
> yanked out the 
> > cards to start fresh, now I have almost NOTHING working, 
> maybe 5 or 10 
> > channels....
> 
> So they definitely screwed up the pairing.
> 
> > Anyone know WHY this is a big problem?
> 
> Sounds like you got bad support, it shouldn't be hard at all.
> 
> > It is a Series 3 and from what I read the M-card will work, 
> but I will 
> > need
> > 2 of them, is this true?
> > 
> > The tech said the M-cards configure SOoo much easier...
> 
> The tech is high, pairing is identical for S-Cards and 
> M-Cards.  But yes, you can use two S-Cards or two M-Cards.  
> M-Cards fall back to to acting like S-Cards in host devices 
> without multistream support - like the S3.  So the end result 
> is the same.
> 
> -MZ
> -- 
> megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, 
> Geek, Human, me.
> http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ 
> -><- Hail Eris "A little nonsense now and then, is relished 
> by the wisest men" 508-852-2171
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.0/1866 - Release 
> Date: 12/27/2008 8:49 PM
> 

Reply via email to