Aren't ALL channels digital now?


I see some issues when watching digital channels, never happens with analog
channels, so I attribute it to a poor digital signal.  After talking to some
who know digital stuff, they suspect my amplifier/splitter may be too much
gain, working well for analog but not so for digital.

Are you using cable cards on your unit ?

Also, drives are not all that expensive, and you can upgrade your capacity
while you're at it.  You'll loose your season passes and recorded shows, but
if it is the drive failing, the problem should stop.  I've usually purchased
ready to use drives from www.weaknees.com but there are other sources like
www.dvrupgrade.com

If you have lifetime service, a new drive is the way to go, or you may loose
the lifetime service since the new unit won't have it.

Glen
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "S a n r" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Screen freezes


> I did the restart but it happened again with a cd rom.
> If it's the drive would it be worth it to replace it instead of buying a
> new
> unit..not sure of the cost of drives. If it is not the drive, what else
> would cause this symptom and are there any other things I could try to
> rule
> this out? If it is the drive I don't understand why it only happens with
> taped or recorded programs and not live TV.
>
> =What kind of place would I take it to to get fixed, a computer shop?
> This unit is only about 2-3 yo. so I'm surprised that it is going already.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> -Sandra
> ----- 
>
> Once upon a time S a n r shaped the electrons to say...
>> I have been experiencing a problem with the screen freezing over and over
>> through a program. I have only noticed it so far on recorded programs;
>> not
>> live TV. Would it help if I Restarted the tivo or is this something else
>> wrong? I have the S3 HD.
>> This happened on my S2 and shortly after that it died. Is it the same
>> thing
>> again do you think?
>
> Obviously it is hard to say, but it could be the drive failing, yes.
> Restarting shouldn't hurt anything, and it can sometimes help, so it
> isn't a bad thing to try.
>
> -MZ
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



Reply via email to