Glen wrote:

> I think there are settings for the IR interface which 
> speeds up and slows down the pulses, as well as delays 
> between, that might do the trick for you.    


Unfortunately, I can't find any such settings.


> That direct interface was only for certain boxes, probably 
> obsolete by now.     


Not good news.


> FWIW, the latest Series 3 units accept cable cards, hence 
> no worries (or ability) to do the IR blaster routine.  
> They still aren't perfect, but work much better than an 
> external box.  


Okay.


> Lifetime service on a Tivo has value, and new lifetime service 
> is only $299 I think for existing customers, so depending on 
> your frustration level and budget, a new Tivo HDXL may be your 
> utlimate solution.


Okay, that will have to be one of the choices.

Thanks for your comments.  I will continue to work on finding the best 
solution.


Dave Schultheis
San Jose

--

dave6592 [at] accesscom [dot] com - http://www.accesscom.com/~dave6592
Dave Schultheis, San José, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, CA, USA

Reply via email to