Chris wrote:

> An infrared update!  Recently I posted on how I coupled 
> my Comcast DTA IR dongle with my Tivo's IR transmitter.  
> I don't know how it could be simpler or better given 
> what we have to work with.  The Tivo is set up for the DTA.  
> It was working I thought 100%, but this morning I saw that 
> it did not change channels for a recording.
> 
> I don't know what is to blame, the Tivo or the DTA.  In any 
> case it is hard to believe with all of this technology that 
> the communication between these devices is about the equivalent 
> to a couple of soup cans and string telephone system.
> 
> My rant for the day.


I agree!  There *must* be a better way.

After suggestions here, I fashioned a "tent" for the DTA/IR blasters 
from a used toilet paper roll, and so far -- knock on wood -- it has 
been working very well.

I am still recording some programs on two machines to be sure that I 
get what I want, but so far, this method seems to be working.


Dave Schultheis
San Jose

--

dave6592 [at] accesscom [dot] com - http://www.accesscom.com/~dave6592
Dave Schultheis, San José, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, CA, USA

Reply via email to