It appears legit to me, there's limitations, no lifetime service transfer. 
Sounds like just a simple discount offer to current customers.

FWIW, I do like my HD box a lot, I don't use the on line features all that 
much, but there's a few things I get like CNET podcasts, I download the 
occasional $0.99 movie from Amazon Unbox, a movie or two from Netflix on my 
account, but I really like the dual tuner, the built in cable card ability 
(no external tuner boxes even for digital or HD content), and of course the 
updates over the wifi instead of a phone line (my old box was a Sony Series 
1).  It has acted strange lately, I'm hoping a new hard drive cures that, 
and the running out of space problem that occurs from time to time.

Glen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "scochrane" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 6:55 PM
Subject: [TiVo Central] Fw: We are rewarding your loyalty with $100


> Sorry about that; this is the email I received. I don't know if it's just 
> a
> commercial or what.
> Sandr
>
> ----- 
>
> Having trouble viewing this email? Click below:
> http://mkmail.tivo.com/a/tBK03y3Atz1FXB7vJAGAxVIicWW/[email protected]
>
> WE'D LIKE TO SHOW YOU SOME LOVE. IN HD.
>
> Only for TiVo Customers: SAVE $100*
>
> Exclusive savings from the TiVo HD(R) Upgrade Program
>
> Not only will you get great savings, you'll get the world's best
> HD DVR. And TiVo HD gives you access to the world's biggest on-demand
> movie library with deeper, more relevant search, YouTube(TM) on your TV
> and a host of other entertainment options you never had before.**
>
> Show me my offer
> http://mkmail.tivo.com/a/tBK03y3Atz1FXB7vJAGAxVIicWW/offer
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Product Lifetime Service (PLS) is not transferable to your new TiVo DVR.
> Through our multi-service discount you are eligible to receive $100 off
> a new PLS contract in addition to the $100 off the price of the TiVo HD
> DVR from this offer.
> *Offer for email recipient only; non-transferable. $100 off TiVo HD
> MSRP only available from tivo.com with the purchase of new TiVo HD DVR
> and new subscription commitment. Limited time offer, click on "Show
> Me My Offer" for full offer terms and conditions.
> **Additional fees may apply to on-demand content. Broadband connection
> required.
>
> Prices are subject to change at anytime.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> (C) 2009 TiVo Inc. All right reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are
> trademarks or registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries
> worldwide.
> All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
> TiVo Inc. 2160 Gold Street Alviso, CA 95002-2160.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Reply via email to