Once upon a time Jay Abraham shaped the electrons to say...
> Thanks but that sucks.  I have had a lot of problems with this unit.

It isn't definitely, but I'd say the drive failing is the case in 95%+
of TiVo issues.  Everything else, except for the fan, is solid state
and it is very rare for the board itself to fail unless something
happens to it like a power spike.  After the drive the fan fails the
most - the other moving part.  But that won't cause a problem unless
the unit then gets hot enough to overheat.  Third most common is the
power supply - spikes, etc.

> I guess I will wait till it gets worse before replacing.  It got  
> better after I unplugged the unit and then restarted.  Previously I  
> had just restarted from the Menu.

Some users report that units seem to slow down over time.  Could be a
bug - memory leak.  Or could be that the unit caches more and more
over time, leading to longer seeks.

-MZ
-- 
megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171

Reply via email to