On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Dave Schultheis wrote:

> Hello friends,
> 
> I have two TiVos, both plugged into my wireless DSL network.
> 
> One of them is two feet from the router, uses an Ethernet cable, and
> works fine.
> 
> The other TiVo is downstairs and uses Ethernet cable from the router,
> through a switch, to the wired adapter.  I would like to eliminate the
> Ethernet cable running across the floor (!).
> 
> I see that weaknees.com has the TiVo brand wireless network adapter on
> sale.  I would like comments from members who use them.  Is it truly
> as easy as "unplug, then plug the other one in, let the router figure
> it out, and *poof* I'm back on line"?

Pretty much.  About the only step you left out is telling the Tivo your network 
security configuration.  (You do have at least some network security turned on, 
right? :-)).  The menus are really easy to use on the Tivo and it only takes a 
minute or two for the whole procedure.  With a solid signal it's not much 
slower than wired either.

-Jason

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Check out www.rimrumors.com for the latest dirt on RIM and their gadgets.
-----                               -----                              -----
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
                                        - Albert Einstein

Reply via email to