If you've ever hooked up a wireless device on your network, you pretty much 
know what to expect, it's not complicated, provided you know your router 
name and have the password for the wireless.

If you've never done this before, your wireless may not be turned on, it's 
not hard to set up, just have to dig into the menus and set it up.  Default 
passwords are often the serial number of the router, or are generic 
"admin/password" type setups.  I changed my password to a phrase I know, so 
when others come and want to use the wifi, I can enter it myself and not 
have to go look up the number.

I think I use PSK or WPA-2 or something like that for security, WEP and open 
are not very secure, go with the highest level all your devices support.

And yes, I use the Tivo brand access point, it works.  I never played around 
with other brands, some work, some don't, and some work to varying degrees. 
For a few extra bucks, I shelled out the higher price just to avoid the 
issues.

Glen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Dave Schultheis" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 4:45 PM
Subject: [TiVo Central] wireless network adapter question


> Hello friends,
>
> I have two TiVos, both plugged into my wireless DSL network.
>
> One of them is two feet from the router, uses an Ethernet cable, and
> works fine.
>
> The other TiVo is downstairs and uses Ethernet cable from the router,
> through a switch, to the wired adapter.  I would like to eliminate the
> Ethernet cable running across the floor (!).
>
> I see that weaknees.com has the TiVo brand wireless network adapter on
> sale.  I would like comments from members who use them.  Is it truly
> as easy as "unplug, then plug the other one in, let the router figure
> it out, and *poof* I'm back on line"?
>
>
> Dave S.
> San Jose
>
> --
>
> dave6592 [at] accesscom [dot] com - http://www.accesscom.com/~dave6592
> Dave Schultheis, San José, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, CA, USA
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Reply via email to