On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 04:37, <[email protected]> wrote:

> I don't understand your statement about Slingbox and SlingCatcher being
> both wired unless you are talking cables from cable box to Slingbox   or
> Ethernet cable  from SlingBox to wireless router.
>

In the context in which I was replying I was referring to the latter.  The
original poster stated they wanted a way to stream wirelessly room to room.
 Neither the Slingbox nor the SlingCatcher support WiFi, they're wired
Ethernet only.  If you want to use them wirelessly then you need to use an
external WiFi bridge, or, alternatively, a powerline adapter would also work
in lieu of wired Ethernet.

I used to be a beta program manager for Sling Media, I ran the beta for
pretty much all of the current crop of smartphone SlingPlayer clients
(except iPhone, that started after I was gone) as well as the Slingbox
PRO-HD, and I was around for SlingPlayer 2.0, SlingCatcher, etc.  Personally
I currently use a PRO-HD as my main Slingbox, with a SOLO in the bedroom for
the TiVo in there.  I have an old PRO laying around, and I setup a SOLO at
my parents' place so I can help them with any TiVo issues remotely.  I just
wish they'd hurry up with the Android SlingPlayer Mobile so I can use it on
my Droid.

-- 
[email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me.
www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris
Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to