Dear all,

the default behavior of the Entry/Text on how they react to Cut&Paste is a bit
problematic (at least on linux)
Imaging that the entry contains the text "foobar" with the first 3 letters
"foo" highlighted and we have the word "test" copied previously on the
clipboard. When we press Ctrl-V to paste the clipboard text "test", tk will not
delete the "foo" before inserting the "test" and we will get the text
"footestbar" with the "foo" still highlighted. (The "test" will be inserted at
the location of the cursor)

Normally what the user will expect will be to delete first the "foo" and then
insert the "test" getting the string "testbar" with the "test" highlighted.

Do you know how I can change the behavior without the need to override the
default Entry class and substitute it in the whole project?

Vasilis Vlachoudis
Dep EN, CERN
CH-1211 GENEVA 23
SWITZERLAND