From: Tkinter-discuss
[tkinter-discuss-bounces+vasilis.vlachoudis=cern...@python.org] on behalf of
Kevin Walzer [k...@codebykevin.com]
Sent: 19 May 2015 00:59
To: tkinter-discuss@python.org
Subject: Re: [Tkinter-discuss] problems with Aqua Tcl/Tk core_8_5_branch
2015-04-28

On 5/18/15 3:17 PM, Russell Owen wrote:
> As to padding: the problem seems to be that the width computation for
> labels is overly generous: they use up far more width than they need,
> making some of my windows 25% or more wider, with lots of unwanted
> blank space. Buttons look great, but why were labels changed? They
> were fine, and looked much better before with versions 2015-03-24 and
> older.
Internally, labels are just another kind of button, so I suppose that
padding changes will affect them too. The previous tight padding made
the regular buttons look terrible, much worse than the labels do.

I'll see if I can take a look at the labels, but my time is much tighter
these days, so it may be awhile.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer