On Saturday, July 18, 2015 01:06:33 am Brian Smith wrote:
> This is not really what I was intending when I suggested the feature. I was
> intending for their to be an indication, in the ClientHello, that the
> server should not do any of the work that it would normally do to make the
> session resumable.

Ok, I might as well write up the generic solution then:

https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/compare/master...davegarrett:sessionrequest

This is an extension to allow a client to optionally request a specific session
ticket lifetime. It can request a zero lifetime to disable session resumption
and have the server not cache anything, request a max uint32 lifetime to
request the maximum lifetime the server is willing to offer (up to the server
if it wants to allow a longer lifetime than default), or request any specific
lifetime (again, honoring is optional).

The extension is just a single uint32 value; including overhead, this is a
total of 8 bytes.

Dave