Brian Smith posted an RFE to GitHub a few months ago requesting "A mechanism is
needed to indicate that a session will not be resumed":
https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/137

The goal is to provide a simple way for either endpoint to request that the
master secret be forgotten ASAP to provide a greater assurance of
confidentiality.

I've written up a short proposal with idea about how I'd suggest going about
this:
https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/compare/master...davegarrett:resetnotify

The idea is to simply add a new "reset_notify" alert (generally a warning)
which may be sent by either endpoint as soon as record protection is available,
after which both endpoints would stop caching shared secrets after completion
of traffic key completion. This could be sent right from the start, at the end
of a connection just prior to a standard "close_notify", or at any point in
between.

This seems like a simple route that does what is specified in issue #137
without the creation of any new extensions or messages; just one new alert
value.

Comments? Suggestions? Any reason this would break everything?

No PR yet. Just a WIP branch to spec out the idea, so far.

Dave