Dave Garrett <davemgarr...@gmail.com> writes:

> Do either of these obscure ciphers actually get used enough to
> continue supporting in TLS 1.3+? (the AEAD versions, not the old
> suites that are no longer supported) If the answer is no, can we
> prohibit use of them in TLS 1.3+, or at least recommend against them?

Camellia appears to be used surprisingly often, at least I find several
occurances of it in my STARTTLS SMTP logs (one instance in my last
couple of days worth of logs is when talking to the email servers for
the tax authorities of Sweden...).

Still, I think its use is accidental and if we have AES+ChaCha20 and no
Camellia in TLS1.3 we are better off.

/Simon