"Manger, James" <james.h.man...@team.telstra.com> writes:

> Hi Simon, two technical typos:
>
> The example cert in 8.2 has the wrong OID for the signature.
> Cert has { 1 3 101 100 1 } [encoding 06 04 2B656401]
> Text has { 1 3 101 101 }   [encoding 06 03 2B6565]   for id-EdDSASignature

Hi James.  Good catch -- I believe that is a typo in the implementation.
I'll let Nikos fix that, but we'll update the examples in the document.

> OIDs use space-separated (not dot-separated) numbers in ASN.1.
> Section 4:
> Wrong { 1.3.101.100 }
> Right { 1 3 101 100 }
> Section 7
> Wrong { 1.3.101.101 }
> Right { 1 3 101 101 }

Fixed, thank you.

> The cert's notBefore field is a UTCTime value (2-digit year), while
> the notAfter field is a GeneralizedTime value (4-digit year). I don't
> think I has seen that before, but it is valid.

I suspect the logic in GnuTLS to pick one encoding over the other looks
at the date to see if it fits in a UTCTime value or not.  It shouldn't
be related to EdDSA.

/Simon