> Do we know how many protocols currently suffer from CRIME?
>

> Maybe a best practice could be suggested by UTA for the implementation of TLS
> in software, to disable compression if vulnerable.  And for the others, to
> implement a way to enable/disable compression in case one day a vulnerability
> is found.

I agree.

Again,

1) We know CRIME threat, but it can not be risk for everyone.
e.g., CVSS v2 Base Score: 2.6 (LOW)

2) If we need to have comp/decomp in an application layer,
 clients such like browser need their own comp/decomp codes.

3) If there is no comp in tls1.3, some people may continue to use tls1.2.
Which one is safer, "tls1.2" v.s. "tls1.3 with comp/decomp" ?

That's why we explore the way to keep compression in TLSv1.3.
How about making an option only in server-side?
The spec has the compression but default is off, and also provides the
suggestion.

> --
> Julien ÉLIE
>
> « La vraie valeur d'un homme se mesure lorsqu'il a tout perdu. »

;; takamixhi saito
c2xhYWlidHNvcw