This brings up an interesting point; having a record length that corresponds to
the TCP segment size can help hardware implementations such that they don't
need to deal with scatter/gather; i.e. one TCP segment corresponds to a single
TLS record. This goes along with 8 (or 4) byte record lengths for hardware
implementations.

--
-Todd Short
// Sent from my iPhone