On Fri, Jan 01, 2016 at 06:22:00AM +1100, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 31 December 2015 at 17:54, Ilari Liusvaara <ilariliusva...@welho.com>
> wrote:
> > Zero checks can already be unit-tested/interop-tested just as well.
>

> What ekr said applies, but also this:

I thought the ekr's point was that if you need THS resistance, you
require EMS. If you don't, not much point worrying what properties
individual key exchanges have.

> Yes, you can test that a given implementation does the right checks,
> but you won't be checking during normal operation.  If you require
> session-hash, then every handshake includes that check and if someone
> messes up, the handshake just fails.  That far more visible.

I don't think the parts that actually matter are tested in normal
use. Unless you mean deimplementing entiere old TLS master secret
derivation...

-Ilari