Dave Garrett <davemgarr...@gmail.com> writes:

>Also, as with any new system, we now have the ability to loudly stress to TLS
>1.3+ implementers to not screw it up and test for future-proofing this time
>around.

I think that's the main contribution of a new mechanism, it doesn't really
matter whether it's communicated as a single value, a list, or interpretive
dance, the main thing is that there needs to be a single location where the
version is given (not multiple locations that can disagree with each other as
for TLS < 1.3), and the spec should include a pseudocode algorithm for dealing
with the version data rather than just "implementations should accept things
that look about right".

Peter.