On Thursday 09 June 2016 05:48:15 Peter Gutmann wrote:
> Hubert Kario <hka...@redhat.com> writes:
> >The first one is:
> >https://github.com/tomato42/tlsfuzzer
> >and aims to be a comprehensive test suite
>
> Very nice, just setting it up now.  One minor request, it'd be useful
> to have a run-evening wrapper script that steps through each test
> reporting what's happening, so first to a standard connec to make
> sure all is OK, then run the various tests.  I'll hack toether a
> shell script in a minute, but having an official way of doing it
> would be nice.

run _everything_ is not really possible as some tests actually require
mutually exclusive server settings - e.g. some require the server not to
ask for client certificate while others do

later in tests I've started adding a "sanity check" test case (see
"test-certificate-verify.py"), but I didn't yet have time to do that for
all

all in all, I won't hide that they are very rough, but this is not the
intended user interface; the scripts are just proof-of-concept for the
test engine, there will be two levels above it before the real user
interface will come into play

finally, while I do look forward to any contributions (just ideas for
tests would be huge help!) I do want the tool to be as platform
independent as possible (require just Python runtime, be it 2.6, 3.5 or
anything in-between), so if you do plan to write the script, may I ask
you to do that in python too?
--
Regards,
Hubert Kario