On Wednesday 13 July 2016 05:23:53 David Benjamin wrote:
> I don't believe an implementation which fails to send supported_groups,
> etc., in 1.3 would ever leave a developer's workstation. It would not
> interoperate with anything.

it would interoperate with itself, and for some deployments that's enough
of a passing grade... (Even if you do interoperatbility testing you
do not check all possible permutations of features and settings)

I wholeheartedly agree with Dave here, error definitions should be strict
(both on the when and what to do). One, because it allows to better
diagnose (in general, maybe not in this specific situation) problems.
Two, because you can write a strict negative test case that actually
checks for it.

--
Regards,
Hubert Kario