Dear colleagues,

Since there is a considerable interest to the question of increasing
session keys lifetime (several productive off-the-list personal discussions
about CryptoPro key meshing algorithms and
http://eprint.iacr.org/2016/628 started
after the Friday posting), maybe we should think about getting started a
work on a document on efficient re-keying (about techniques without secret
state and/or techniques with it (like in M. Abdalla and M. Bellare work,
https://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~mihir/papers/rekey.html)) mechanisms for common
cipher modes (CTR, CCM, GCM, CBC, CFB) in CFRG?

If you consider it reasonable, we can prepare a first version of such a
draft based on our results (both included in that our preprint and new ones
which we are working on currently) before IETF 97 to be able to have a
discussion on this issue there in Seoul.
Kindest regards,
Stanislav Smyshlyaev