Eric Mill <e...@konklone.com> writes:

>The near-term annoyance of renaming things by folks close to the WG, and the
>chance of some confusion around the edges, seem like small issues compared to
>a positive investment in bending the sanity curve of the next 20 years of
>lazy enterprise decisions.

+1.  I was reading an article earlier today on a security web site (not a
general news site or even an IT news site but specifically a security web
site) where they mentioned that sensitive traffic wasn't SSL-protected.  Even
the security people are still calling it SSL.  So if you number it "4" or
"2017" it doesn't matter whether it's SSL or TLS, it's obvious that it's a
newer version than anything else out there.

Peter.