After many emails about the wording for s5.5 Limits on Key Usage, it’s time to
judge consensus on whether or not to make any changes to that section.  The
important thing is that the SHOULD implement the key update from s4.5.3 was
never in question.  There was no consensus to change the actual GCM limits on
key usage; again the text related to ChaCha20/Poly1305 never really was in
question.  The discussion has wound down to whether it was better to count
records or bytes/blocks for the GCM limit calculation.  We didn’t see any
strong consensus to change this description.  Therefore, we see no consensus to
change the text in s5.5.  ekr please close PR#765 and PR#769.

J&S