Stephen,

After some discussion amongst the chairs, we have decided to not shut down the
discussion about draft-green-tls-static-dh-in-tls13.  We are not shutting down
this discussion because this topic is relevant to the constituents on both
sides of the issue in the working group and there is a concrete proposal to
discuss.  Now that we know the authors are going to ask for WG adoption, the
resulting working group's consensus or lack of consensus on this approach will
be useful information for other discussions that will happen in the broader
IETF community regardless of the outcome.  Further, we intend for consensus on
the issue to be called quickly.

We also do not believe that this discussion is derailing the TLS1.3 draft, we
are consistently surprised by the WG’s bandwidth and the draft is out for a 2nd
targeted WGLC.  As far as DTLS1.3, the specification is coming along but is not
at a critical point where we believe this discussion will greatly detract from
its development.

J&S