From: TLS [mailto:tls-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Salowey
Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 11:42 AM
To: Salz, Rich <rs...@akamai.com>
Cc: <tls@ietf.org> <tls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [TLS] Should CCM_8 CSs be Recommended?

The current editor's copy of the draft has the following text about the
recommended column:

The instructions in this document add a recommended column to many of the TLS
registries to indicate parameters that are generally recommended for
implementations to support. Adding a recommended parameter to a registry or
updating a parameter to recommended status requires standards action. Not all
parameters defined in standards track documents need to be marked as
recommended.

If an item is marked as not recommended it does not necessarily mean that it is
flawed, rather, it indicates that either the item has not been through the IETF
consensus process or the item has limited applicability to specific cases.

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 4:58 AM, Salz, Rich