> On 7 Oct 2017, at 4:01, Salz, Rich <rs...@akamai.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks very much for the update.
>
> There is a third option, name the devices which are known to cause problems,
> and move forward with the draft as-is.

+1.  I like this third option.

> 2. Tell all those vendors "You have 1 month to fix this. Fix it. Oh,
> it's your customers who don't update? Seems you don't have any
> reasonable update system. Call your customers,

Vendor: Hello customer. We have an update for you that will make TLS 1.3 work.

Customer: No way. We’re in the middle of the year-end processing. We’re not
making any configuration changes until the second week of January.

Vendor: But it’s a simple fix. It will make things work better. You’ll need it
for Chrome to work with Google.

Customer: What part of “not making any configuration changes” was not clear to
you!?