> On 7 Oct 2017, at 17:17, Nick Sullivan <nicholas.sulli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yoav,
>
> Let me make a correction to your scenario:. Instead of:
> "You’ll need it for Chrome to work with Google."
> it's:
> "You’ll need it for Chrome to work with Google, Facebook, and most of the 10%
> of Alexa top million sites that are using Cloudflare.”

What part of “not making any configuration changes until the second week of
January” is not clear to you?

Seriously, I’ve had this conversation with administrators.

Because if they go to their bosses, they get asked if they can guarantee that
the update will cause no outage. Of course they can’t.

Then they get asked if Edge has the same problem. Let’s assume the answer is
yes.

Then they get asked if they can turn off TLS 1.3 in Edge using GPO (or whatever
the remote configuration of Microsoft Windows is called these days). In all
likelihood, the answer is yes.

Problem sovled, no?

But, they’ll protest, more than half our employees use Chrome.

So tell them not to use Chrome, says the manager.

Because for the manager the decision to update the middlebox is all risk with
no rewards.

Yoav