Hiya,

On 02/07/2019 03:38, Martin Thomson wrote:
> Keep in mind that you are going to be racing anyway, unless you are
> lucky enough to have a protocol that leaves enough space in the MTU
> for all your extra stuff.
I guess split-mode MTU issues provide another argument
against including padded_length in ESNIKeys on the basis
that including it there with a value of 260 as will likely
be common (in case of wildcard certs) inflates the CH
and that could, though isn't likely to, badly affect the
size of the first packet between the LB and backend.

I don't expect that to be seen as a winning argument for
those who, unlike me, think padded_length is just fine in
ESNIKeys, but we may as well record it in passing :-)

Cheers,
S.