On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 7:17 PM Rob Sayre <say...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is removing HRR on the table?

No, I don't think so. It performs an important function. Moreover, the
intent of this
revision to TLS 1.3 was to clarify 8446, and this would be a major (and
breaking!)
change.

> Maybe just opening a new socket would suffice?

I don't see that this would help.

1. It would not be clear to the client what it had to do to provide an
acceptable CH.
2. Without some sort of HRR-like coupling, it would allow downgrade attacks.

-Ekr