+1

Reading RFC 8773, I feel at least a tension and maybe a contradiction between the stated motivation, resisting to quantum analysis by combining an [EC]DH derived secret and a PSK, and the use of the PSK alone to derive the early secret. If the early secret is used for 0-RTT, then the adversary have some information that only depend on the PSK. That information might be used to facilitate the attack on [EC]DH+PSK, especially if the PSK is not strong enough to resist quantum analysis.

At this point, this consideration is only a gut feeling. A formal analysis would either dispel my weak guess, or confirm it and result in specific recommendations such as not using the early secret. Plus, the formal analysis might also find other issues, behind this one.

-- Christian Huitema