On Mon, Jan 1, 2024 at 7:05 PM Rob Sayre <say...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin,
>
> You haven’t formed a complete sentence here. That’s usually allowable, but
> not in this instance.
>
> Uri said there might be “special cases”. Anyone can make TLS 1.2 PQ, it
> just won’t be called TLS.

I'm not Martin, but I believe that his point is that both TLS ciphersuites
and TLS supported groups/EC curves permit registration outside of the IETF
process based on the existence of.a specification. As long as PQC can fit
into new ciphersuites and group types, then anyone can specify it for TLS
1.2, and it would in fact be TLS, just not standardized or Recommended.

-Ekr